ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
Admission is selective and the requirements are:
1) Bachelor or Master of Science in disciplines connected to the topics of the Specializing Master:
- copy of the degree in the original language and its translation into Italian/English/French or Spanish
- copy of the transcripts with the list of exams in the original language and their translation into Italian/English/French or Spanishor Diploma Supplement
- copy of a valid passport
- Curriculum Vitae
2) Motivational letter by the candidate
3) Letter of support by the candidate’s home University, preferably issued on headed letter by an institutional representative (head of the unit/department of the candidate)
- To hold a position in a local Universities (lectures, assistant, fellow researchers…) will be an additional asset of merit.
- Good knowledge of written and oral English is requested, a language certification will also be an additional asset of merit
STEP 1– Upon the receipt of applications, the Department of Energy will assess the eligibility criteria as above described, for each applicant with respect to the degree requirement. Applicants who pass this first step will move on to step 2. The Department of Energy of Politecnico di Milano will share the list of the eligible candidates with the IHEA Foundation.
STEP 2 - The IHEA Foundation will identify, at its sole discretion, the applicants to be enrolled through evaluation of qualification, letter of motivation and letter of support. Based on this evaluation IHEA Foundation, at its sole discration, might invite for an individual interview a selected group of candidates. During the interview the following elements will be assessed:
- provided with capacity to communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written English
- stimulated by Sustainable Development, Agenda 2030 and Agenda 2063
- endowed with good communication skills
- committed to work on a project work for his/her home university on one of the subject of the Specializing Master
- availability to act as trainers of trainees within the home university to multiply the benefit and the impact of the Master in their home University
The interview follows a defined structure and patterns will be supplied with the necessary template with questions for the interview and an interview assessment sheet. To ensure transparency and quality of the interviews the interview is public.
Individual applications will not be taken into consideration, as it is a requirement to be referred by the applicant’s home university. The Specializing Master will be available to additional postdoc fellows and young lecturers at full cost.
The list of the selected candidates will be shared with the Department of Energy of Politecnico di Milano.
Scholarships covering the entire cost of the Specializing Master will be available for 35 applicants coming mainly from Ethiopian Higher Education and/or Research Institutes.